The Miami Heat is off to a rough start this season, as injuries, depth issues, and inept offense have plagued the team early on in Year 1 of the post-Wade Era.
Nearly a quarter of the way through the season and the Heat is 5-12 and already three game back of the No. 8 seed. Their point differential (-2.2) isn’t as horrendous as their record and they’re strong on D, ranking No. 6 in defensive efficiency, but they’ve shown no indication thus far of being a playoff team, especially not while dealing with injuries to key starters like Justise Winsow and Goran Dragic.
While the season remains young and who knows what types of opportunities will lurk at the Trade Deadline and how well they play later into the season, this very well may end up being a year in which they bottom out, throw a dart with a Top 8 pick and look to add more key pieces this summer. They could look to unload Dragic for a pick but it’s still too early to even consider it.
Reddit ran a Miami Heat fan survey recently and there were some interesting results, especially regarding the most disliked players (Dion Waiters) and Erik Spoelstra’s Approval Rating (Excellent).
See the highlights below or the full report here.
- Favorite player: Hassan Whiteside (29%), Justise Winslow (20%), and Udonis Haslem (15%)
- Best player: Hassan Whiteside (82%), Goran Dragic (9%), and Chris Bosh (8%)
- Least favorite player: Dion Waiters (34%), Josh McRoberts (28%), and Luke Babbitt (17%)
- Erik Spoelstra on a 1-10 scale: 8 (39%), 9 (27%), and 10 (21%)
- Least favorite team: Cavs (28%), Warriors (27%), and Celtics (11%)