And then there were 16 Miami sports media members remaining.
The opening Round of 32 in the Miami Sports Media Bracket featured a ton of upsets, especially in the Rose and Hoch Regions, where No. 1-seeded Marc Hochman and No. 1-seeded Joe Rose both went down by drastic margins.
It wasn’t the same case in the Gotz and Cote Regions, as all eight higher seeds advanced. The most lopsided matchup was defending champion and No. 1 Stugotz eviscerating No. 8 Jorge Sedano by an 80-percent margin. Our closest match, in the Battle of Takes, was between (4) Big O and (5) Omar Kelly, with O advancing by just 0.8 percent.
Voting ends Thursday night at 9 p.m. with Elite 8 voting kicking off Friday morning and running through the weekend.
For a full description of how the contestants were chosen and the rationale behind this year’s tournament, click here. The winner receives the coolest championship t-shirt in the world.
(1) Stugotz vs. (4) Adam Beasley
(2) Amber Wilson vs. (3) Channing Crowder
(1) Greg Cote vs. (4) Will Manso
(2) Mike Ryan vs. (3) Ewic Reid
(4) Orlando Alzugarary vs. (8) Dan Le Batard
(6) Mike Inglis vs. (7) Brendan Tobin
(5) Barry Jackson vs. (8) Ethan Skolnick
(2) Joy Taylor vs. (6) Jason Jackson